Sunday, January 13, 2008

What a week

Well we didn't go hiking like I wanted to this week but I did do pretty good with my Business. So that is a plus. Oh and last night we went to LeJays Holiday party and won a 42'' flat screen LCD TV. I was soooo excited. Today in Church I had to give a talk and I am soo glad that is over with. I get so nervous up there that I almost passed out.
Well tomorrow I start a program called "Couch potato to 5k" I am really excited about this, it is a 9 week course and only 3 days a week. The other 2 days I am going to find time to get to the gym and work out a bit. I would love nothing more than to be healthy well at least feel healthy. And at the end I should be able to run the 5k and complete it. I am so excited. I have never ran in my life to this should be interesting. I will keep you up to date on how I am progressing.
Ok enough babbling. I will attempt to add pictures.
LeJay and I went for a little trip on the Island. We saw a sign for a FruitStand Store. Thinking this would be a great place to get local fruit we took the detour. Boy were we wrong, it was just a massive tourist sight that you had to pay $12.00 to take the tour, of where there were a lot of fruit trees. You couldn't purchase fruit there just the tour tickets. Although if you wanted to taste test any of the fruit grown there that was another 12.00. It was nuts. LeJay and I just looked around. Here is he is.
He did not want to do this at all but I just used my puppy dog eyes and said DO IT. lol....... I thought it was fun to act like a tourist. Well at least sometimes when I am not worried about what everyone else thinks of me.
This is one of the hibiscus flowers that grow wild here on Guam. I just love taking pictures of the flowers.
This is a flower on a Banana Tree. I have never seen this before it really reminds me of Seymour from Little Shop of Horrors. It truly is huge and weird. I actually tried one of these bananas at the dare of my sister in law Kay. She double dog dared me as I was not going to do it. Well they taste like a banana with a little more banana flavor to them. So I will eat them again. Thanks Kay for making me try it.

Well that about sums up my week. Hope you all enjoy your upcoming week and I will be back next weekend to update again. Hopefully we will have gone on that hike I wanted too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great and thanks for the update. Looks like there are some very interesting sites to see there. Obviously both you and LeJay escaped the shipping containers, being that you posted the pictures or did your captors loan you a laptop? :) Congrats on the 42" TV.